Employer brand and visibility is critical to attract top talent. The Pocket Nurse® Human Resources team targeted 2017 to restructure the Pocket Nurse career site with the help of Newton Consulting.
We set out to create a more informative and convenient tool to apply for a career at Pocket Nurse. To save applicants time, we featured the best parts of our company.
Feature: Company Culture
- What it is: An explanation of the work environment at the company and key ideologies. This section can be called “Our Company,” “Life at (company name),” or “Explore.” At Pocket Nurse, we call it “Our Culture.”
- What it says about a company: Here, a company explains its priorities and gives you a glimpse at an average day. At Pocket Nurse we foster an environment where our employees can be independent, critical thinkers that work in a team. We want to ensure this is the type of work environment a candidate would thrive in as he or she considers working here.
Feature: Picture Gallery
- What it is: Several images in a gallery showing the facilities, employees, company events, or recent projects.
- What it says about a company: You can’t fake pictures. If done properly, they showcase a company’s workspace, social gatherings, and accomplishments. The more pictures available, the more transparent the company’s work environment.
- What it is: Quotes by current or former employees about their satisfaction working at the company.
- What it says about a company: The quotes themselves may not mean much. The key is the respondents’ roles within the company. Not every company treats every position with respect. At Pocket Nurse, we value everyone in every role and responses from our employees are overwhelmingly positive.
Feature: Benefits Page
- What it is: Compensation and perks provided to employees, beyond base salary.
- What it says about a company: Benefits are the ultimate reflection of transparency. These pages are much less common among career sites, but they show a willingness in the organization they represent to pursue their employees’ best interest. We understand when candidates consider offers, they must know what the total compensation package looks like. Once an offer is made we provide a total compensation overview.
Feature: Job Search
- What it is: Usually an actual search box, a “Job Search” section allows you to review open positions within an organization. Candidates can search a specific position or leave all fields blank to quickly review a list of all open positions.
- What it says about a company: If you are able to view all positions, this feature can give you a better look at the organizational structure, growth, and frequency of employee departure. Keep in mind, a small or mid-size company like Pocket Nurse doesn’t have constant openings, so we offer a sign up to be notified of future opportunities. When a position opens that matches their skills and aspirations, appropriate candidates can be notified.
This is a post from Alma Brandenburg, Director of Human Resources, SPHR.